David’s Folly is a 200 year old saltwater farm located on the Blue Hill Peninsula in Downeast Maine. Built by David Wasson in 1819, a ship builder who retired to become a farmer. People scoffed at the idea of farming so near the sea, hence the name “David’s Folly”. No Folly at all, it stands among the pines and rolling meadow that go down to the cove. Later on, a true pioneer of her time, Minerva E. Cutler ran the farmhouse and barn as an Inn. She grew beautiful vegetable gardens and had a renowned worm farm!
We would like to introduce ourselves, John and Emma Altman , we are so grateful to be part of a chapter in the history here at the Folly. Our mission is clear, local agriculture, community, and celebrating our space with others.